Mental Meanderings

Thursday, February 11, 2021

But what about this other ministry?

 

So you want to know what I think about going to work for a different mission?  An opportunity that came up that that you can’t get away from:  Business/group manager FT and a building maintenance person long term…  I can’t shake the idea that I should keep going with the training, but I don’t really know…

I think you’re gonna be disappointed, or you won’t be, but I think that you should be, unless you know something I don’t.  I think the possibility of you doing a great job while you’re working there will be pretty high, and I think that you would be able to challenge some people that already know Jesus to grow deeper into Him, but what is your long game?  Does your time with that ministry get you closer to being part of seeing people that have never heard of Christ, find Him?  In what ways would you be able to advocate for more workers to be sent “in your place?”  What are the essential skills that you have that make you more ideal for that ministry than the one you were planning?  What does your wife think?  What does your church think?   What defines the “best” choice?  What makes it a “good” option?

The spouse thing is a whole level of other discussion.  What your plans were before marriage, for you as a single guy, are no longer to be your primary concern.  Get your mind sorted on this one, quickly.  God made provision for us who “need” a wife, and I am personally quite grateful, but there really can’t be “What I want to do, and what SHE wants to do…” anymore.  There must be compromise, unity, and prayerful fellowship.  There is also grace for the married souls to serve God together, corporately, in a God honoring way, that takes into account both souls!  The spiritually healthy husband will first ask what his new ministry priorities can become, in light of the new ministry partner he has joined flesh with.  Ideally, this would not be an entirely new conversation, or relationship that one had entered into ignorantly. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home